With over ten State Parks and over 10,000 acres, Louisiana residents and their pets have ample opportunity to spend their time in the outdoors. Before planning an outdoor trip with your pet, make sure that they have a Louisiana pet insurance policy that has at least accident coverage. A policy with accident protection will allow you to hike or swim with your four-legged friend and if they get injured, our pet insurance can help you afford vial veterinary care.
Reasons to Consider Pet Insurance in Louisiana
An accident plan, provides coverage for those unanticipated injuries that can occur at any time such a, fracture, foreign body ingestion and toxin ingestion. Our Level 1 plan has these great accident benefits for covered injuries:
- Intravenous (IV) fluids and medications
- Laboratory tests
- Poison control consultation fees
- Veterinarian prescribed medications
- CAT Scan
- Ultrasound and/or x-rays
- Surgical treatment
- Veterinarian examinations
- Emergency visits
- Specialist consultations
Plan Ahead Before Your Trip with Your Pet in Louisiana
The outdoors are fun and accidents can happen anywhere, here are some important things you should first verify before heading out into the wild:
- Are your pet’s vaccinations current?
- Does your pet’s collar have its most recent rabies tag?
- Does your pet have your contact information on its collar or another way to show ownership?
- Have you been following your veterinarian recommended treatments for fleas, tick and heartworms?
During your trip, make sure you pack the following supplies:
- Portable dog bowl
- Sealed bags of snacks and meals
- Waste disposal bags
- Basic first aid kit
More about Pet Insurance in Louisiana
So whether, you live in New Orleans or Gretna, pet insurance is a great investment in your pet’s health. For more information visit www.petpremium.com. At petpremium.com, you can learn more about your pet’s health in our Pet Health Center.
Most Popular Dog Breeds in Louisiana
Get a Pet Health Insurance Quote!Get My Quote