With over four National Forests and with over 52 percent of the state acreage is forestland, Michigan residents and their pets have plenty of opportunity to spend time in the outdoors. Before planning an outdoor excursion with your pet, make sure that they have a pet insurance Michigan plan that has accident coverage. A policy with accident protection will allow you to hike or swim with your four-legged friend and help avoid the choice between your pet’s care and your finances.
Reasons to Consider Pet Insurance in Michigan
An accident plan provides benefits for those unexpected injuries that can occur at any time such as foreign body ingestion, fractures, and toxin ingestion. If the accident is covered by our plan, our plans can cover:
- Veterinarian examinations
- Emergency visits
- Specialist consultations
- Intravenous (IV) fluids and medications
- Laboratory tests
- Poison control consultation fees
- Veterinarian prescribed medications
- Radiology such as CAT Scan, MRI’s, Ultrasound and X-rays
- Surgical treatment
Planning Ahead Before Your Trip with Your Pet in Michigan The outdoors are fun and accidents can happen anywhere, here are some important things you should first verify before heading out into the wild:
- Are your pet’s vaccinations current?
- Is your pet wearing its rabies tag?
- Is your pet wearing your contact info on their collar?
- Have you been following your veterinarian recommended treatments for ticks, fleas and heartworms?
Things to take along during your trip in Michigan, make sure your pack the following supplies:
- Bottles of water
- Portable bowl
- Sealed bags of snacks and meals
- Waste disposal bags
Basic first aid kit (disinfectant, bandaging material, gauze, insect repellant, tweezers, scissors, cortisone)
More About Pet Insurance in Michigan
So whether, you live in Detroit or Ann Arbor, pet insurance is a great investment in your pet’s health. For more information visit Pet Health Center.. At petpremium.com, you can learn more about your pet’s health in our