Whether you live in Madison or Milwaukee, pet owners all over Wisconsin have discovered the advantages of pet insurance.
Reasons to Consider Pet Insurance in Wisconsin
Pet insurance in Wisconsin is a great idea for those living in the America’s Dairyland. One of the dangers that pets experience can be found in our own kitchens:
- Milk With Wisconsin being “Americas Dairyland” it is unfortunate that your four-legged friend cannot drink milk. Dogs are very lactose intolerant since they do not have enough lactose to digest milk.
- Salt Large amounts of salt will produce excess urination and thirst in your pet. Plus, if they consume too much salt they can have sodium ion poisoning.
- Onions, Garlic & Chives These herbs and vegetables can cause and upset stomach or gastrointestinal irritation which can lead to red blood cell damage.
- Yeast Dough The main purpose of yeast is to multiply and cause bread to rise. When digested by your pet the yeast dough will rise and cause gas to accumulate in the stomach.
- Alcohol Alcohol will have the same effect on your pet as it has on you but your pet needs a smaller amount to get drunk.
- Chocolate, Coffee and Caffeine These products all contain a class of substances called methylxanthines. Methylxanthines if digested by your pet can cause panting, vomiting and diarrhea, hyperactivity, excessive thirst and urination, tremors, seizures abnormal heart rhythm, and even death
- Grapes and Raisins Unfortunately, scientist have not been able to discover the toxic substance located in raisins or grapes that causes kidney failure.