Summer heat can be equally as overwhelming to your dog as it is on you. Eating a popsicle or ice cream is a common method we use to cool down; but can our pets do the same? Of course! We have selected our top five homemade dog treats for summer to provide your pet with the opportunity to enjoy a summer snack as we enjoy ours!
- 2 Chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley
- Divide your chicken among disposable solo cups with about 1/4 cup of chicken in each cup.
- In a small bowl mix the water and dried parsley.
- Divide the water mixture among the disposable cups, about 1/2 cup in each.
- Freeze for 8 hours to allow them to fully set.
- Run warm water around the mold to remove the popsicle.
Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Drops
- 1 cup (240 ml) peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- Line sheet pan with wax paper.
- Mash and combine peanut butter and banana in a small bowl.
- Mix in water to help the treat freeze.
- Spoon the mixture onto the tray in drops and freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, store the treats in a bag or container in the freezer.
Dog Ice Cream
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- Mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl
- Freeze in ice cube tray
- Double ingredients for a large proportion if desired.
Peanut Butter Rice Milk Treats
- 4 cups rice milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or peanut butter
- Set paper cupcake liners into a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Pour ingredients into muffin tin.
- To serve, remove paper liner and serve.
Frozen Chicken and Apple Cubes
- Chicken broth
- Slice apples into small, slender pieces
- Place apple slices into ice cube tray
- Fill ice cube tray with chicken broth
Please Share and Like if your pet enjoyed these refreshing, frozen dog treats!
Amber Johnson, Animal Behaviorist
Miss Amber Johnson has many years of experience with pets and is a licensed cat and dog nutrition and behavior specialist. She currently collaborates with PetPremium where she counsels clients in pet behavior and nutrition. The statements made in this article are the personal opinions of Miss Amber Johnson and based on independent experiences and could be different from the opinions of PetPremium Pet health Insurance or any other pet health insurance provider.
Get a Pet Health Insurance Quote!
No credit card required. Money Back Guarantee.Get My Quote