- Grooming – No pet insurance policy covers grooming since grooming is considered not medically necessary. If you choose to own a dog or cat that will need frequent grooming, you will need to factor this expense into your family budget. If you do not have the money or time to keep your pet properly groomed, you may want to consider a pet that does not need to be groomed frequently.
- Hereditary Conditions – Some breeds of dogs and cats are more prone to health problems than others. Golden retrievers and other large breeds are prone to hip dysplasia. These conditions are often excluded for these breeds. At PetPremium we are very transparent about the conditions that we exclude because of Hereditary, Genetic or Congenital. You can find this information on our company’s website. For more information about conditions that might affect your dog or cat, check out our Dog Breed and Cat Breed directories or check with your veterinarian.
- Expenses Related to Whelping – Because breeding your pet is a choice, pet insurance providers do not provide coverage for whelping expenses. Before you breed your pet, be sure that you understand the expenses involved. If you own a female, breeding, whelping and raising puppies can cost into the thousands when done responsibly at an additional cost.
- Routine Care – When shopping for pet insurance be sure to research the coverage provided. Our plans do not automatically provide coverage for annual vaccinations. You can obtain a endorsement that provides coverage for routine care.
- Dental Cleanings – Although dental care is an important component of pet health, a dental cleaning is considered to be a preventive procedure. Luckily, you can purchase our advance wellness endorsement which covers dental cleanings.
Before you spend money on a pet insurance policy, be sure that you understand what will be covered in terms of pet care. While pet insurance is a great idea for many pet owners, it is only a great idea if you understand what will and will not be covered. If you purchase a policy without doing your research, you may end up surprised at what you have to pay out of your own pocket.
Get a Pet Health Insurance Quote!Get My Quote