Whether you live in Belton or Saint Louis, pet owners all over Missouri have discovered the benefit of Missouri pet insurance.
Reasons to Consider Pet Insurance in Missouri
Pet insurance in Missouri is a great idea for those living in the Show Me State. Pet insurance helps you prepare for the unexpected, such as injuries from tornados. Tornadoes are a natural weather occurrence that can occur anywhere during a harsh thunderstorm. Be prepared and know how to keep pets safe during natural disasters in Missouri.
Keeping you, your family and your four-legged family safe is very important. You can boost the chance of survival for your pet by following these simple guidelines:
- Bring Your Pet Inside Your Tornado Safe Structure – In the event that a storm could produce tornado a bring your pet inside to help increase its chance of survival.
- Proper Identification on Your Pets Collar – All pets should wear a collar that has identification information for its owner. Make sure that your information has been updated and is easy to read. In addition to collars, you can have your pet microchipped and/or tattooed to ensure that you will be reunited with your dog or cat if it gets lost.
- Pet Emergency Kit – A pet emergency kit is vital in a cellar or a tornado proof room and for your pet’s health and wellbeing. The kit should include water, pet food, treats, litter box, puppy pads and a crate to store your pets.
- Practice a Tornado Drill – Businesses, universities and schools across the nation practice tornado drills and so should you and your pet. Practice monthly, especially during tornado season, going into the tornado-safe area with your pet.
- Pet Proof Your Tornado-Safe Area – If you store toxic chemicals in your tornado-safe room, make sure that the containers are sealed and out of the way of your pet.
After most storms, you lose power or even worse your home is severely damaged. If you have to evacuate with your pet, do not forget to take its emergency kit supplies with you. Many businesses in your area might be closed for an extended time as they might have been damaged or without power. For your pet’s safety, it might be best to keep them in a kennel or carrier instead of loose wondering around your yard.
It is also very important to be easy-going with your dog or cat as pets like stability and the tornado has disturbed that stability. The quicker you can get your pet back to a routine, the quicker your pet will adapt to the new changes. Just like humans, our pets can be display behavioral problems when we are stressed. If your pet is exhibiting behavioral or any other problems, take them to your local veterinarian quickly.
More About Pet Insurance in Missouri
Most Popular Dog Breeds in Missouri
Get a Pet Health Insurance Quote!
No credit card required. Money Back Guarantee.Get My Quote